10/01/2013

I dream to see the summer

A nurse walking with heavy breats in white
From my bed, like a shadow in the night.
Some foggy souvenirs, burnt sympathy
Memories from a time lived vividly.

Gifts and peonies scattered in vases
Look at me with'ring in metastases.
Out in the hallway, much more at loss
A Jesus dries up high on a cross.

You will come to kiss me one last time
I could not escape that tearful crime
We'd remember our laugs and tussle
I'd say dying would not make me bustle.

I will soon leave this ghostlike hotel
Which is haunted by death's sad spell.
The rising moon, my hands can't let go of
My eyes then close like right after love.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I must admit I don't get this poem... but I loved the title and then... it's gone.
    Maybe it is because I don't like the rhyme. It's too cheap, too easy, too ... obvious. I'd say: break it up. Add lines from one to the other line. And then, this way, find a different rhythm.
    Maybe it is because I'm looking for something more... modern and something I haven't seen before or at least suprises me... well.
    Still: the title is great! Keep it in mind. Maybe, someday, you'll write a second "I dream to see the summer" poem.

    AntwortenLöschen