10/12/2012

Heart travels II


Enough.
I have to stop this.
I have to erase your face
from my memory.
It will never happen anyway.

Fairytales don’t come true
And, even if I wanted to,
I wouldn’t know what to do
to see you again.

you 
are hundreds of miles 
away from me
on the other half of the planet
with no map, no home, no destination.

I still remember your eyes
deep blue like the ocean
staring holes into my soul.

And the touch of your hand
the feeling of your embrace
                 tingling
all over my skin.

Even after all this time,
I still see that stupid grin,
that smile making your eyes sparkle
and the rest of the world disappear.

That knowing look, right before
you kissed me.
How could I ever forget the feeling
of your lips on mine?

And so I keep on believing,
hoping against all hope,
that you will find your way back
to my side of the globe.
With my heart as your compass 
and faith as our northern star.

1 Kommentar: