Enough.
I have to
stop this.
I have to
erase your face
from my
memory.
It will
never happen anyway
Fairytales
don’t come true
And, even
if I wanted to,
I wouldn’t
know what to do
to see you
again.
After all,
you’re hundreds of
miles away
on the
other half of the planet
with no
map, no home, no destination.
The problem
is,
I still
remember your eyes
deep blue
like the ocean
staring
holes into my soul.
And the
touch of your hand
the feeling
of your embrace
all over my
skin.
And, even
after all this time,
I still see
that stupid grin,
that smile
making your eyes sparkle
and the
rest of the world disappear.
That
knowing look, right before
you kissed
me.
How could I
ever forget the feeling
of your
lips on mine,
a taste of heaven on earth.
And so I
keep on believing,
hoping
against all hope,
that you
will find your way back
to me, to this side of the world.
With my heart as your compass
and faith as our northern star.
I like the structure of your poem and I think the imagery works really fine. I don't like the "the problem is" sentence. why would you use that? erase that, please!
AntwortenLöschen"with no map, no home, no destination." that's great!
"a taste of heaven on earth" too cheesy! just leave it out, it sounds really nice without it.
"With my heart as your compass
and faith as our northern star." cheesy but nice :>
and leave out the "after all" - I know it's somehow conversational, but we could keep it down a notch :)
very lovely! I should read your poetry always after midnight ;)