7/14/2012

Proximity


I can feel your presence next to me
your body so close that I
involuntarily join your rhythm
of simply breathing, in and out

your profile fills the corner of my eye
my pupils turned towards you
in an effort to stare - without really looking
hiding behind a pretend focus on something else

with every move you make
even the slightest alteration in sitting position
I tense – hoping, fearing, wondering
whether you’d move closer by accident;
maybe even instinctively joining
my foot, my leg, my hand…

I can feel your presence next to me
your body close to mine
your thoughts preoccupied with something else
and I keep hoping
for a glimpse of sky colored eyes
adorable dimples appearing when you smile
and inviting lips teasing me whenever they part.

I can feel your presence
next to me
terribly aware of the distance
between us

1 Kommentar:

  1. I don't know why but I have the picture of a bench in my head.

    I wouldn't change a thing! *

    AntwortenLöschen