9/08/2012
The Air Is Full Of You
I look for you, even though I know exactly where you are.
It all started, when you didn't lie next to me in the morning.
I got up and the kitchen smelt like fresh coffee. And like you. But you weren't there.
Noone answered your phone, ... temporarily not available.
I wait in front of your door until late at night, but your lights are neither turned on nor off.
The moon is bright and clear and I ask him where you are.
He looks ashamed and quickly hides behind a cloud. Even he knows where you are.
I google you, I get advise on you at the DIY store and I even take a class at the community learning centre.
There's no trace of you.
Every damn corner of my life smells like you. Still no trace.
I place an ad and I call the radio. You are gone. But that's why you're actually present.
Your absence makes me feel how much you're present in my life.
How much you were present. Before I started to look for you.
I look for you , because I know exactly who you are.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
...I Love you, you know that? I'm also crying now... (I also have some comments, but I need to come back for them later)
AntwortenLöschenyes! please!
AntwortenLöschenok, here are my comments: how about for the first line "...when I couldn't find you lying next to me..." and instead of "like" you could say "smelled of fresh coffee. and of you" somehow I feel that is stronger...What I found a little confusing was the moon and the line "even he knows where you are" I was expecting "not even he knows" and instead of community learning center, you could use community college (I know that might be an American thing, but it's shorter ;)For the second reference to "smells like you" I thought about "tastes like you" just to have something different and connect it to yet another sense. the second line to the last could be one sentence. you don't need to break it up.
AntwortenLöschenI love the ending! It could mean so many things! For me, it meant some kind of recognition on an emotional level, like "I can see you with my heart" sort of. I thought that was really beautiful :) hope that helps, love you!