2/09/2013

Do you wanna touch me? II

Just one more hour, 27 minutes and a few seconds.I will see you in the distance.
I will take a deep breath, close my eyes and count to ten.
Just so you won't notice that my mind's been going crazy for last half an hour.
On my way to you, I briefly look into a shop window to check my hair and smile.
I've practiced my drop-dead-gorgeous "hey" for hours, just for this moment.
And then?

My stomach is growling. I didn't touch my leftovers. There was garlic in it.
Do I really want to kiss you tonight?
Do you actually plan to kiss me tonight?
As for recent drawbacks I had in my life, I definitely would kiss you.
A rather simple process, since I've never met you before.

It's been some time since our friend tried to set us up.
Tonight is our premiere. Thank god I wear my lucky jeans.
I don't want to be perfect. Imperfection attracts the most.
"Take me for what I am!"
I somehow feel that you won't, though.

Yet everything goes according to plan.
Maybe a little bit better.
We exchange glances and laugh.
We talk about every last little thing.
About everything that has changed and stayed the same.

Maybe it is the booze that makes me take you home with me.
To have a cup of coffee. And a little bit more.
I take your hand as we cross the empty streets. We talk and laugh.
I am so involved in getting to know you that I forget the kiss.
The lights, the water, the atmosphere. It is romantic.
I am all the more surprised when I unconsciously take the step forward.
I feel like laughing.

I never tried convincing you to go home.
Although it might have been a better start.
I didn't want to go through another catastrophe.
What I didn't realise was that our reality had just begun.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I'm still not convinced of the last line... but that's mabye just me... ;)
    Looks pretty good to me now. :)

    AntwortenLöschen