Guess it’s
two years later now, or so
Guess, time
doesn’t really matter when there’s a pope resigning instead of dying – or so
Guess –
when there’s an Indian woman raped to death
and a comet just passing by
and a splinter crashlanding in Russia creating a paradise
for glaziers while the country is step by step mutating into an Empire
in which Nights of Broken Glass arbitrarily attack the lovers of two hands in equality
as the kittens singing a silent MIAOW MIAOW around churches leading behind barred windows
and a comet just passing by
and a splinter crashlanding in Russia creating a paradise
for glaziers while the country is step by step mutating into an Empire
in which Nights of Broken Glass arbitrarily attack the lovers of two hands in equality
as the kittens singing a silent MIAOW MIAOW around churches leading behind barred windows
Guess –
after Presidents and Ministers resigning for taking property not their own and stealing
ideas any student would’ve get kicked out of universities
Guess – I’d
need a break and I need to break down for nothing has really changed, it seems –
or so
For there’s Tunis in reelection and Egypt under Muslim Bro’ control
There is
Libya still fighting but nobody answers their crows
There’s
Mali being flooded by French armed forces sent rightfully by their President
who wanted nothing but to get out – out of Iraq and out of Afghanistan
Guess – money really matters more than ideas and good intentions and hope and Nobel’s Peace Price when this means demands for offering your only half cape, that is – on both sides of the row – or so
Guess, we
won’t admit we’ve survived the crash of reality in New York, got over it,
looking back at this crack as at a wound sore
Guess, I’m
in deeper pain than I allow myself to admit about everything that goes on,
because I can’t stand these days of everlasting repetition in resurrection – or
so
Guess,
whatever is – or so – is ever what it needs to be
For there is hope, maybe – or so -
I'm so jealous because you manage to write about all these important topics and all I can do is write personal shit... anyways, as for your poem, I love the intensity of it and I like the idea with the repeating "guess" and "or so" as if to relativate it without really doing so. I think that's pretty cool. My favorite line was "I'd need a break and I need to break down" I thought that was very intense and I liked the word play here.
AntwortenLöschenAs for the last line, I don't know but how about mixing it up a little? I was thinking "Maybe, there is no hope - or so" which would make it more vague I guess and I think that could work... you could also use "I guess" instead of "or so" by the way ;) Just a spontaneous thought...
No need to be jealous! Lately I'm not really able to put my personal feelings into words, so don't worry! This poem was meant to be a continuation of the "Leadership of Men" poem... it didn't turn out as it really but yeah... what to do in order to write about these important things - I suggest: get fed up with it! For me, all I have to do is watching some News on TV or even worse: some political debate (because nothing never turns out there and I'd so very much jump through the TV and strangle someone right there on his/her chair). But maybe that's just me haha :)
AntwortenLöschenI'll think about your advice! Thanks for replying :)