6/15/2013

Surrender

I want to trace your every line.
My fingers exploring
the texture of your skin
leisurely,
delicately,
slowly.

Friction creates a steady jolt
                of electricity
elating both our heartbeats
and raising the fine hair on your arms
as I follow the sculpture of your limbs.

I take my time as I explore
you
letting my eyes run over your body
steadily,
seductively,
hungrily.

your promising gaze mirrors
my own darkened eyes
as our bodies unite
and I surrender to you.

Take my body
as you took my soul
passionately,
thoroughly,

completely.

3 Kommentare:

  1. One of the striking parts is the strong use of your adverbs here, set in single lines as a triad. However, guess this is just me, but it reminds me of the sketches CharlyhidesTV does about Lana del Rey. Thus I'd be interested in how the poem could work without all those adverbs. ;)
    Apart from that - I like the way you lead the reader through your poem and lets him discover the things you discover(ed).
    The second stanza seems to be the strongest to me.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. oh this is very interesting. i like it actually a lot, but I would rearrange the stanzas and change little bits! here is what I think would work immensly!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I want to trace your every line.
    My fingers exploring
    the texture of your skin
    leisurely,
    delicately,
    slowly.

    I take my time as I explore
    letting my eyes run over your body
    steadily,
    seductively,
    hungrily.


    Take my body
    as you took my soul
    passionately,
    thoroughly,
    completely.

    Friction creates a steady jolt
    of electricity
    elating both our heartbeats
    and raising the fine hair on your arms
    as I follow the sculpture of your limbs.

    Your promising gaze mirrors
    my own darkened eyes
    as our bodies unite
    and I surrender to you.

    AntwortenLöschen