6/29/2013

The day I learnt how to swallow an oyster


She swallowed him like an oyster out of its shell while walking
up the embankment of our home town when I was
just too young to realize what happened but yet I knew,
felt this solitude inside me appearing that never left me wherever
I would go. She did it on purpose – totally – waving at me, shouting for me,
grinning at me as if I happened to be something she had to let go, but
I had let her go long ago, just didn’t she realize this? So she
grabbed him and shouted at me Look what we can do which implied what
I couldn’t do with her and maybe wasn’t able to because all I wanted to
was doing it with him, swallowing him instead or at least being that
oyster. And then they left. He being swallowed, she being exempted
from me, I being left alone in a world I yet had not started to understand.
A couple of years later I swallowed my first him like an oyster, I think
he liked it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen